Changing the Culture in Long-Term Care
June 10 & 11, 2015
Long-term care is 'home' to people who live there. it is possible for long-term care facilities to be safe, healthy, happy places for everyone-residents, staff and families. This conference challenged the way we think about long-term care here in Saskatchewan. Please find pdf's of the presentations below. For Sponsors click here.
- Presentations by Mary Schulz, Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Person Centred Care - Creating a Culture of Change in Long-Term Care
- Improving the Experience of Living in Long-Term Care for people with dementia, families and staff
- Presentation by Debra Morgand & Julie Kosteniuk
- A Report on Dementia and Related Services in Saskatchewan
- Presentation by Tracy Danylyshen-Laycock
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches Program
- Presentation by Jennifer Martel
- Eden Care Communities
- Presentation by Crystal Spooner
- Orange Tree Village
- Comments from Table Group Discussion
Celebrating Seniors 2017
Provincial Budget 2017-2018
Do you have concerns about the 2017-2018 Provincial Budget?
The brochure contains questions you may want to ask your MLA on issues of key importance to seniors.
Medical Assistance in Dying
What does it mean for me?
May 31 & June 1, 2017
Fraud Prevention and Safety for Individuals is a resource especially intended for older adults, designed to help people be safe in their homes and communities. Fraud Prevention & Safety...read more
SSM is thrilled to announce that the city of Moose Jaw now has a Century Club. Yesterday we travelled to Moose Jaw for the first event. Hosted by The Bentley - who welcomed us all! Providing drinks and a buffet of snacks! Their friendly service was wonderful and we...read more
The Honorable Jim Reiter, Minister of Health for the Province of Saskatchewan, has proclaimed March 19-25 as Caregivers Week. Do something special for a caregiver you know!read more