Changing the Culture in Long-Term Care
June 10 & 11, 2015
Long-term care is 'home' to people who live there. it is possible for long-term care facilities to be safe, healthy, happy places for everyone-residents, staff and families. This conference challenged the way we think about long-term care here in Saskatchewan. Please find pdf's of the presentations below. For Sponsors click here.
- Presentations by Mary Schulz, Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Person Centred Care - Creating a Culture of Change in Long-Term Care
- Improving the Experience of Living in Long-Term Care for people with dementia, families and staff
- Presentation by Debra Morgand & Julie Kosteniuk
- A Report on Dementia and Related Services in Saskatchewan
- Presentation by Tracy Danylyshen-Laycock
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches Program
- Presentation by Jennifer Martel
- Eden Care Communities
- Presentation by Crystal Spooner
- Orange Tree Village
- Comments from Table Group Discussion
Celebrating Seniors 2017
The Honorable Jim Reiter, Minister of Health for the Province of Saskatchewan, has proclaimed March 19-25 as Caregivers Week.
SSM has compiled a directory of individuals and groups who are willing to entertain at a nominal/no fee. Please contact these individuals/groups directly at the number indicated on the data base.
Fraud Prevention and Safety for Individuals is a resource especially intended for older adults, designed to help people be safe in their homes and communities. Fraud Prevention & Safety...read more
SSM is thrilled to announce that the city of Moose Jaw now has a Century Club. Yesterday we travelled to Moose Jaw for the first event. Hosted by The Bentley - who welcomed us all! Providing drinks and a buffet of snacks! Their friendly service was wonderful and we...read more
The Honorable Jim Reiter, Minister of Health for the Province of Saskatchewan, has proclaimed March 19-25 as Caregivers Week. Do something special for a caregiver you know!read more