Changing the Culture in Long-Term Care
June 10 & 11, 2015
Long-term care is 'home' to people who live there. it is possible for long-term care facilities to be safe, healthy, happy places for everyone-residents, staff and families. This conference challenged the way we think about long-term care here in Saskatchewan. Please find pdf's of the presentations below. For Sponsors click here.
- Presentations by Mary Schulz, Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Person Centred Care - Creating a Culture of Change in Long-Term Care
- Improving the Experience of Living in Long-Term Care for people with dementia, families and staff
- Presentation by Debra Morgand & Julie Kosteniuk
- A Report on Dementia and Related Services in Saskatchewan
- Presentation by Tracy Danylyshen-Laycock
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches Program
- Presentation by Jennifer Martel
- Eden Care Communities
- Presentation by Crystal Spooner
- Orange Tree Village
- Comments from Table Group Discussion
Celebrating Seniors 2018
We are excited to be planning the 2018 Celebrating Seniors Volunteer Awards.
Gray Matters is a quarterly publication
Seniors & Isolation
Several Groups in Saskatchewan have come together to make a collective impact on reducing isolation of older adults.
Linda Anderson, staff person at SSM, was interviewed about media and ageism on CBC Radio's The Story From Here. Listen to her excellent insights by going to the 8:00 minute mark of the program. You will need to copy and paste this address. ...read more
SSM is very excited to announce that CAA Saskatchewan is our Platinum Sponsor for the 2018 Celebrating Seniors. A big thanks to them!read more
May 16 & 17, 2018 at the Travelodge South, Regina Theme: Moving Beyond Ageismread more