Changing the Culture in Long-Term Care
June 10 & 11, 2015
Long-term care is 'home' to people who live there. it is possible for long-term care facilities to be safe, healthy, happy places for everyone-residents, staff and families. This conference challenged the way we think about long-term care here in Saskatchewan. Please find pdf's of the presentations below. For Sponsors click here.
- Presentations by Mary Schulz, Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Person Centred Care - Creating a Culture of Change in Long-Term Care
- Improving the Experience of Living in Long-Term Care for people with dementia, families and staff
- Presentation by Debra Morgand & Julie Kosteniuk
- A Report on Dementia and Related Services in Saskatchewan
- Presentation by Tracy Danylyshen-Laycock
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches Program
- Presentation by Jennifer Martel
- Eden Care Communities
- Presentation by Crystal Spooner
- Orange Tree Village
- Comments from Table Group Discussion
Celebrating Seniors 2017
Provincial Budget 2017-2018
Do you have concerns about the 2017-2018 Provincial Budget?
The brochure contains questions you may want to ask your MLA on issues of key importance to seniors.
Seniors & Isolation Survey
SSM is working with other partners in a project to reduce social isolation of older adults. To access the impact of our efforts we are inviting people 55+ to participate in a survey.
Please note this survey was in the July issue of Gray Matters. On page 2, two or the headings for questions 6, 7 & 8 were missing. Those are included in the attached survey.
You can also access the survey online https://uregina.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ba15eZRa9MTg0e1
SSM was excited to receive the award in the Non-Profit Organization category at the Better Business Bureau Torch Awards on May 4, 2017. This award recognizes the actions of businesses that display ethical business decision-making and integrity in business practices...read more
Fraud Prevention and Safety for Individuals is a resource especially intended for older adults, designed to help people be safe in their homes and communities. Fraud Prevention & Safety...read more
SSM is thrilled to announce that the city of Moose Jaw now has a Century Club. Yesterday we travelled to Moose Jaw for the first event. Hosted by The Bentley - who welcomed us all! Providing drinks and a buffet of snacks! Their friendly service was wonderful and we...read more