Mission & Vision
Quality life for all older adults in Saskatchewan
The Mission of Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism is to bring together Saskatchewan seniors’ organizations for the purpose of contributing to a better quality of life for seniors.
We do this by:
- researching and acting on issues affecting seniors
- being a unified voice advocating for seniors
- engaging and supporting member organizations
- partnering with member organizations and others
- creating awareness and coo-ordination of resources and services for seniors
Strategizing for Positive Aging in Saskatchewan
Full Report and Executive Summary available here
Housing Options in Saskatchewan
“Blooming Perennials” are older adults who contribute to families and community as they “blossom” when and how they are able. Gladys Petrar Age 91, from Dysart Gladys has been able to preserve, conserve and present local history. She has researched and written...
SSM is very excited to announce that CAA Saskatchewan is our Platinum Sponsor for the 2020 Celebrating Seniors. A big thanks to them!
The Ageism and Media project received the 2019 Vision Award from the Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry and the Canadian Coalition for Seniors Mental Health for the media monitoring research and advocacy from 2017 to 2019. The award was presented in October at...