SSM 2019 CONFERENCE
Theme: DISCOVERING TREASURE in Your Hometown
Discovering the Value of Older Adults in Our Communities!
was held May 21 & 22, 2019
Conexus Arts Centre, Regina
Lorne Calvert Miriam Larson
In addition to our keynote speakers we were pleased to welcome the following:
- Seniors Strategy for SK -Mapping the Future in Saskatchewan
- Rural Transportation - Alexander Crizzle -Finding the Best Route
- Housing - Kristine Greenaway -Where will you live? Check out the 'Old Coots Commune'.
- Ageism & Media - Linda Anderson -Roadblocks or Open Roads?
- Influenza Vaccination - Lunch Presentation by Sanofi Pasteur
Strategizing for Positive Aging in Saskatchewan
Full Report and Executive Summary available here
Housing Options in Saskatchewan
COVID-19 IS ACTIVE AND PRESENT IN SASKATCHEWAN. SSM is heeding the advice and recommendations of health professionals and has cancelled or postponed all face to face meetings and events until at least the end of March, when we will evaluate the necessity of continued...
10 Ways We Can Be Age-Friendly in the Time of COVID-19 (Taken from the Age-Friendly Newsletter written by Catherine Barnsley) “It is March 19, 2020 and 9:30 AM in our small Saskatchewan town. I have just returned home from grocery shopping for my household and three...
SSM is very concerned about all older adults during this difficult time. We hope that all older people are considering themselves and others as they “physically distance” from other people, referred to nationally as "social distancing" and even further,...