Changing the Culture in Long-Term Care
June 10 & 11, 2015
Long-term care is 'home' to people who live there. it is possible for long-term care facilities to be safe, healthy, happy places for everyone-residents, staff and families. This conference challenged the way we think about long-term care here in Saskatchewan. Please find pdf's of the presentations below. For Sponsors click here.
- Presentations by Mary Schulz, Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Person Centred Care - Creating a Culture of Change in Long-Term Care
- Improving the Experience of Living in Long-Term Care for people with dementia, families and staff
- Presentation by Debra Morgand & Julie Kosteniuk
- A Report on Dementia and Related Services in Saskatchewan
- Presentation by Tracy Danylyshen-Laycock
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches Program
- Presentation by Jennifer Martel
- Eden Care Communities
- Presentation by Crystal Spooner
- Orange Tree Village
- Comments from Table Group Discussion
Strategizing for Positive Aging in Saskatchewan
Full Report and Executive Summary available here
Housing Options in Saskatchewan
SSM welcomes the provincial government's appointment of the Honourable Warren Kaeding as the MInister Responsible for Seniors. We look forward to working with Minister Kaeding as he ensures that government programs and services will meet the needs of all older...
SSM is very excited to announce that CAA Saskatchewan is our Platinum Sponsor for the 2019 Celebrating Seniors. A big thanks to them!
SSM welcomes the federal government's appointment of the Honourable Deb Schulte as the MInister of Seniors. We look forward to meeting her in person in the near future.