Changing the Culture in Long-Term Care
June 10 & 11, 2015
Long-term care is 'home' to people who live there. it is possible for long-term care facilities to be safe, healthy, happy places for everyone-residents, staff and families. This conference challenged the way we think about long-term care here in Saskatchewan. Please find pdf's of the presentations below. For Sponsors click here.
- Presentations by Mary Schulz, Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Person Centred Care - Creating a Culture of Change in Long-Term Care
- Improving the Experience of Living in Long-Term Care for people with dementia, families and staff
- Presentation by Debra Morgand & Julie Kosteniuk
- A Report on Dementia and Related Services in Saskatchewan
- Presentation by Tracy Danylyshen-Laycock
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches Program
- Presentation by Jennifer Martel
- Eden Care Communities
- Presentation by Crystal Spooner
- Orange Tree Village
- Comments from Table Group Discussion
Strategizing for Positive Aging in Saskatchewan
SSM Viewpoint - Can the Pandemic Lead to a Systemic Fix?
Join the Home Supports Movement
We need YOU!
Join by sending an email with your name and phone number to SSM.
Click here: HomeSupports@skseniorsmechanism.ca
Gray Matters Fall Edition
Download a copy of the Fall Edition of Gray Matters - in colour!
Check out the information on the Home Supports Initiative.
Don't ignore influenza. It can have serious consequences. Flu shots are available now - freely given in pharmacies. Act now!
Statement released by SSM in response to Saskatchewan Government announcement about investing in more long term care beds. SSM Statement LTC 08 04 final
Is ageism a real thing? Should we be worried about it? Are some people just too sensitive? How will I know if I support ageism or work to reduce it? Zoom recording of the Introduction to Ageism Webinar https://youtu.be/Ke_E_Mmhu2o
SSM (Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism), over the last 3 years, has done research that gathered information from older adults in SK and produced reports that communicated this information widely. Our experience shows there is little recognition that older adults range in...
SSM CONFERENCE 2021 Thanks to all these sponsors for their valuable dependable support. Gold Sponsors Bronze Sponsors ...
CONNECT – Seniors Mental Health CONNECT, is a pre-recorded presentation that offers support and ideas for older people to live safely and comfortably and to stay mentally and physically strong. Most effective if a group can watch it and discuss the information. A...